Current Position: [photo
2014-2015: Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC), Winston-Salem, NC; Fellowship in Hematopathology.
- 2010-2014: Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC), Winston-Salem, NC, Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
- 2006-2010: University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, AOA, Magna cum Laude.
- 2004-2006: University of South Carolina, Honors College, Bachelor of Science, Biology. Summa cum Laude.
- 2002-2003: Midlands Technical College (in S. C.), Associate of Science. High Honors.
EXPERIENCES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
at Lexington Medical Center, West Columbia, SC (with Pathology
Associates of Lexington, P.A.), active staff privileges.
Board of Pathology; certified in___
in the state of ____
in the state of South Carolina (#____)
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Medical School:
- Dean's Special Recognition Award, 2010.
- Outstanding Student in Medical Biochemistry, 2010.
- Stefan Mironescu Award for Outstanding Student in Pathology, 2010.
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2009.
- Outstanding Student in Medical Microscopic Anatomy, 2006.
- Carolina Medical Scholarship, full medical school tuition, 2006 through graduation.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL
of American Pathologists
Fellow, American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Member, South Carolina Society of Pathologists
Carolina Medical Association
- WFBMC, Departments of Pathology and Hematology and OncologyFebruary, 2015 ASCO abstract: “Single Institution Retrospective Study of Infusional Etoposide,Prednisone, Vincristine, Cyclophosphamide, and Doxorubicin, (EPOCH) +/-Rituximab (R) as First Line Therapy for Aggressive Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.” The Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- WFBMC, Hematopathology Fellowship ProgramJanuary, 2015 Project involved verification of the new CD15 antibody forimmunohistochemistry use in lymphoreticular and other malignancies.
- WFBMC, Hematopathology Fellowship ProgramJanuary, 2015 Project involved verification of the cMyc antibody for immunohistochemistry usein screening differentiation of Burkitt lymphoma and double/triple-hit lymphomasfrom large cell lymphomas without expression of cMyc.
- WFBMC, Hematopathology Fellowship ProgramJanuary, 2015 Project involved design of antibody panels for validation of the ten-color flowcytometric analysis of leukemias and lymphomas.
- WFBMC, Departments of Pathology and Obstetrics and GynecologyMarch, 2014 Case Report: “Xanthogranulomatous Oophoritis Presenting As an Adnexal Mass And Bowel Obstruction.” The Journal of Reproductive Medicine.
- WFBMC, Department of PathologyOctober, 2013 Case Presentation: “Therapy-Related Myeloid Neoplasm; Acute MyeloidLeukemia.” A case of t(4;11) in AML, therapy related. Society for Hematopathology/European Association for Haematopathology 2013Workshop.
- WFBMC, Department of PathologySeptember, 2013 Abstract and poster: “Evaluation of the Verigene Gram-Positive Blood Culture (BC-GP) Test for Identification of Gram-Positive Organisms from Positive Versatrek Blood Cultures Bottles.” Validation of nucleic acid test for identification and susceptibility profile determination in Gram positive blood cultures. 2013 Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy(ICAAC).
- WFBMC, Department of PathologyOctober, 2012 Abstract and poster presentation: “Process Improvement: Impact of a Reflex Testing Policy for EGFR and ALK Mutations on Newly Diagnosed Lung Carcinomas.” 2012 Association for Molecular Pathology annual meeting.
- WFBMC, Department of PathologySeptember, 2012 Case Study Poster: “A Rare Case Of Plasmacytoma Of The Pancreas.” The annual meeting, CAP-`12.WFBMC, Departments of Pathology and Obstetrics and Gynecology2010-2011 Gynecologic Oncology Conference Monthly presentations dealing with pathologic features of common and rare cases.
- WSSU, School of Physical TherapyFebruary 2011 Course in Pathology for Physical Therapy Students Provide a lecture on pathology of the musculoskeletal system.
- USC SOM, Departments of Pathology and Obstetrics and Gynecology Fall2009 Presentation on Applications of Laboratory Medicine in Obstetrics. Topics included flow cytometry in identification of fetal maternal hemorrhageand workup of an intrauterine transfusion.
- USC SOM, Department of Cell and Developmental BiologySummer 2007 Vasculogenesis In The Context Of Atherosclerosis: Develop the protocol for fluorescent IHC staining to determine the origin of the endothelium.
- USC SOM, Department of Pathology and Microbiology2004-2005 SC Honors College Undergraduate Research Fellowship: Manage online content of, and obtain and edit microimages for the course in medical pathology.
SHORT PRESENTATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEETING ATTENDANCE
- Association for Molecular pathology annual meetingOctober 2012
AMP’12 poster presentation and annual meeting attendance.
- CAP Resident Representative2011-2012 CAP’11 Residents Forum and annual meeting attendance. CAP’12 Residents Forum and annual meeting attendance.
- WFBMC, Department of PathologyApril 2012 Journal club article presentation: Patel K, Barkoh B, Chen Z, et al. “Diagnostic Testing for IDH1 and IDH2 Variants in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. An Algorithmic Approach Using High-Resolution Melting Curve Analysis.”
- WFBMC, Department of PathologyJune 2013 Resident presentation: "The Molecular Maze of Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors." A discussion on applications of this therapy and its relevance to molecular genetic pathology and theranostics.
PREVIOUS WORK HISTORY & LANGUAGES:
- Midlands Technical College, Columbia, SC 2002–2006 Computer tutor: assisted students with software applications.
- South Carolina Oncology Associates, Columbia, SC Summer 2004 Medical assistant and medical records clerk: provided support to staff in patientcare.
- Independent translator, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova 1998–2001 Translator: interpreted for church mission groups, medical teams (including ophthalmologists,anesthesiologists, primary care physicians, and physical therapists); and for the U.S. Embassy in Chisinau, Moldova.
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Russian
- familiar with Ukrainian
- familiar with Romanian.
partial CV as of 1 May 2015