Medical Topics - Special Topics
- Harvard School of Public Health Risk of Diseases Calculators, etc.
- Medscape calculators collection.
- Autoimmune diseases resources:
- Our prostate core biopsy processing method:
Journal of S. C. Medical Assoc., online manuscript,June
1996, pages 261-266 (invented Feb. 1991)
- Agar: [uses
for agar pre-embedding]
- Cancer: Clinical
Practice Guidelines of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network
produced by a formal coalition of experts associated with 19
of the world's leading cancer centers. Decisions
by expected lifespan and functional capacity
and/or special dissection standard process
- The ongoing anatomic pathology revolution: a brief summary comment.
(IHC) in Surgical Pathology:
- FNA cytology (breast,
thyroid, and "deep") notes
- The Various
- Blood bank and transfusion info and
issues by way of California Blood Bank Society and its links to useful
- Autopsy...Forensics...cause and manner
of death...lab/pathology careers
- Pain syndromes
- Lexington Medical Laboratories, Inc. LML.
- The Lexington Co., S. C. Coroner.
- Skinsight, lots of photos & discussion of skin problems; Skinsight is a consumer-focused Web site developed by Logical Images, Inc. Based in Rochester, NY.
- Pathologynet Links collection
- Atlas of radiological images and terms.
- Dr. Yale Rosen's
Atlas of Granulomatous Diseases .
Area Pathology Service, info sheets (more clinical pathology
- Federal Agency for Healthcare Research
and Quality (AHRQ)
recommendations regarding screening, diagnoses, clinical practice
guidelines, etc. "Now you have a diagnosis. What's next?"
- personal health risk assessment (HRA) sites: Duke UMC.
- about classical or portanble or on-line personal health records (PHR) HERE.
(National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.)
named it: medical eponyms & synonyms for
- Genealogical site with archaic causes of death & medical terms: Rudy's List.
- about testing statistics: the statistics of sensitivity, specificity, false positive (an online calculator) & false negative tests (an online calculator), and predictive value, BRIEFLY and mathematically HERE & in another layman-like version HERE, Wikipedia extensively HERE, and the Vassar Stats online calculator HERE.
- The Medical Algorithms Project (risk calculators, etc.) of the Institute for Algorithmic Medicine, Houston, TX, USA.
- My Family Health Portrait Tool: US gov. free on-line family tree history organizer if a disease seems to run in your family; and a more global source for organizing your family medical history HERE.
|(posted Jan. 2001; latest addition/update 9 October 2017)
1999 - 2006, all rights reserved, Pathology Associates Of Lexington,